1. Sustain Quality Culture in the institution.
2. Develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
3. Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
4. Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
5. Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society.
6. Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement
7. Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
8. Prepare and submit the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
1. Hindusthan College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore is a 20 year old HEI which keeps on introducing innovative practices in the field of higher education. A hoary past does not lend greatness to an institution. It is the excellence of individuals who propels it to pre-eminent place.
2. The past 20 years chronicles the bliss of growth , glory of action, and the splendor of achievements .Suffice to say over the years HiCET has consistently reaped a number of awards and medals and crowned as the Most preferred Engineering Institute of the Year – South’ Award during 12th ASSOCHAM National Educational Summit.
3. 2016,Its indeed a red letter day in HiCET history as It is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and conferred Autonomous status in the same year.
4. Impressed by the growth of the college as well as the excellence in standards and amenities available, the Government accorded permanent recognition of college under Section 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956.9 programs are permanently affiliated and 4 programs are recognized as research center by Anna University.
5. The college scaled greater heights as well as acquired 79th Rank in India Today-MDRA Best Colleges Ranking in 2020.It extended further with 5 programs accredited by NBA.
6. In order to use the Autonomous status effectively, the college revise the syllabus of all the programmes based on the current industry need and introduces revolutions in Examination Management System (EMS).
7. The college saw significant growth by adopting Outcome Based Education (OBE) in a successful way. The traditional methods of teaching are enhanced with ICT and other innovative and engaging methods so as to keep the students interested in the topic at hand and to increase the interface in the class.
8. Continuous Internal Assessments are being conducted effectively at par with End Semester Examinations (ESE). The Institute has strong norms for discipline and keeps a keen eye on attendance, assignments, submissions and the like. The academic audit conducted annually by the management, promotes a healthy teaching-learning atmosphere.
9. Institution Innovation Council (IIC) is functioning inside the campus and students are encouraged to come with new ideas crucially and works on generating the excitement in the young engineering brains to produce innovation and thus laying the stones for entrepreneurship.
10. The Institution has clothed the college with the aura of spectacular achievements like :
11. An initiative by MHRD, Government of India, Smart India Hakathaon (SIH) software edition was successfully conducted in our institution.
12. SAUR URJA VEHICLE CHALLENGE - is a National level solar electric vehicle design competition organized by Refrangible Society @ our institute.
13. The Institution conducts National Level “Heavy Terrain Vehicle Competition”.
14. Business English Course (BEC) Preliminary/Vantage course by Cambridge University, UK, have been offered to students which was like a waft of fresh air bringing new breath to the academic atmosphere of the growing HiCET.