The office of the Controller of Examinations (OCoE) was established in the 2016-2017 academic year and is responsible for organizing and conducting Continuous Assessment Tests and End Semester Examinations for all academic, Under graduate and Post graduate Programmes offered by the College.
The responsibilities are: the announcement of Examination Schedule, preparation of Question Papers, Conduction of Examinations, Evaluation of Answer Scripts, Declaration of Results and Issuing of Grade sheets.
We adopt and implement Outcome Based Education (OBE) with an emphasis on developing a modern education system, as well as the Continuous Assessment Tests and End Semester Examinations of various programmes are administered according to the academic timetable. For End Semester Examination theory courses, a central valuation mechanism is employed, and dummy numbers are used before valuate to the exam papers. All exam-related tasks are collected by CoE office.
OCoE has all the facilities such as computer facilities, printers, strong room and adequate staff to conduct the examinations and publish the results. It is proposed that the results are to be published within three weeks from the last examination of each semester.
The Function of the Office of the CoE
- Collecting student bio data and creating a nominal roll by mapping courses, professional electives, and open electives from students for the current semester.
- Preparations of exam schedule, hall allocations, and seating arrangements for Continuous Internal Assessments (CIA).
- Collecting question papers from departments, printing, and disseminating them for the CIA test.
- After the examination, the answer books are distributed to the appropriate department, and the final internal marks are received and entered into the Examination Software.
- The CoE office is an in-charge of ensuring the smooth conduct of ESE examinations, including the preparation of timetables, invigilation duties, hall plans, and seat allotment.
- Regular exam results will be published, and a meeting of the Result Passing Board will be held.
- To collect the schedule of practical examinations from all departments and external examiners are appointed for practical examinations based on their experience.
- Ensure that students have a minimum attendance percentage of 75% during each semester. Attendance proforma is collected from all departments for students with a lack of attendance, who have been debarred, or who have withdrawn from the course.
- Hall Invigilators, Hall Plans, Seating Arrangements, Squad, and Evaluators are planned and appointed for both CIA and ESE (theory & practical).
- Any Guidelines, Circulars, Orders, or Notifications received by the College from DOTE/AU/ are processed in the CoE office, and a response is prepared after the signature of the CoE/Dean/Principal and dispatched to the University.
Examination Process Flow Chart:
The other responsibilities of the office are:
- Issue of Hall Tickets, Duplicate Hall Tickets, Grade Sheets, Duplicate Grade Sheets, and Conducting revaluation and issuing photocopies to students as requested.
- The results of the revaluation and the review process will be publicized.
- If there are any malpractices, the Malpractice Committee holds a Malpractice meeting during the semester.
- Special Supplementary Examination is being held.
- Transcripts, CGPA to percentage conversion, Medium of Instruction, and a genuine certificate are all available upon request from students.
- Graduation day is held, and a degree certificate and a provisional certificate are issued.
- Assisting in student certificate verification.
Organizational Structure of COE office:
Powers and responsibilities of the Controller of Examination:
The Controller of Examinations shall be the Principal Officer in charge of all Comprehensive semester examinations, tests, and results declaration. He/she will carry out his/her duties under the direct supervision, direction, and guidance of the Principal and CEO. In the absence of COE by virtue of any reason anyone from ACoE(s) recommended by COE will oversee CoE's work in addition to his own.
Controller of Examinations Staffs
The OCoE is headed by a Controller of Examinations assisted by an Assistant Controller of Examinations, an Administration Assistant, and Supporting Staff.
||Dr S Deepa Shri
||Mr R Joseph Paul
||Ms N Yamuna
||Mr A Khaja najumudeen
||Ms V Ranjani
||Ms R Nandhini
||Ms R Shanthi
||Ms R Chandrapraba
||Ms S Chitra
Dr S Deepa Shri / CoE
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No: 0422-4242424, 7708965678 Ext. - 344